This is so quick to make, it just needs to be placed in the freezer.I have made this so many times, with different fruits and chocolate combinations. I really like the bitterness of dark chocolate for this, if you prefer sweeter tasting chocolate, then swap the dark chocolate for a sweeter vegan chocolate of you choice.
3/4 cup x almond milk
5 x tablespoons of vanilla essence
400g x vegan dark chocolate
4 x packets of oreos
200g x vegan spread
400g x bluberries
- Firstly you need to get the packets of oreos and separate each oreo so that only the biscuit remains and not the filling.
- Once they are done, place in a large bag and seal shut, you then need to smash them so they become a fine consistency. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a pan and allow to melt, once melted add the oreo in gradually so that all is coated and looks a rich dark colour.
- Place this mix into a spring form cake tin and ensure level by using a spoon to push down the parts that aren’t smooth. Place in the freezer for 45 mins.
- In the mean time, to melt your chocolate, I like to use the good old fashioned method of placing the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
- Once the chocolate has started to melt on a medium heat, drip in some almond milk and stir, turn the heat down to a low heat and slowly add the vanilla essence and the rest of the almond milk drop by drop, if the chocolate starts to thin too much then use less milk.
- When chocolate, almond milk and vanilla is all blended together take off heat.
- Check the base is solid and remove from the freezer, immediately placing the melted chocolate over the base, again using a spoon to smooth.
- Place back in the freezer for half an hour or so, until the top of the chocolate is still a little sticky.
- Add the blueberries and place in the fridge for 5 – 10 minutes.