This is one of the most incredible things, that I could eat day in day out. The reason being, it has such a nice array of flavours, perfect for a dinner party, or to shove in the middle of a party buffet, with a ladle and plenty of crusty bread for dipping. This is so moreish it is amazing, I challenge you to only have one portion.
This recipe serves 6 but it could easily be doubled, or tripled for any party size, just remember it all cooks down in one pot, so you can serve it straight from the hob!
So let’s get started with how this delicious dish is created.
4 x leeks washed and trimmed
4 x carrots washed and peeled
2 x onions peeled
15 x baby potatoes
1 x 330g tin of baked beans
2 x 190g packs of Vbites vegan chorizo
4 tablespoons x Maggi liquid seasoning or any vegan stock
1. Dice all carrots, leeks and onions finely and place to cover the bottom of a large pot.
2. Cover with boiled water from the kettle and leave to sweat for 10-15 mins.
3. Wash and chop the baby potatoes in half and set aside.
4. Add the liquid seasoning and salt and pepper to taste, adding a little more water.
5. Add the potatoes, and place lid on pot, leaving to simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Remove lid and with a knife check that potatoes are soft, allow to cook for a little longer if not.
7. When potatoes are tender, stir the veggies and ensure all is nice and soft, before adding in the chorizo and beans for the last 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with crusty bread, and watch your friends ogle the bowl, gradually start to serve themselves and then all “mmm” and nod, whilst eating it…Enjoy!