Today, I am making Vegan Couscous Cocktail Jar, This is for all of the Marie Rose fans. I will however point out at this point, that I like spice, so should you wish for a classic taste, you may wish to exchange spicy sauce with a ketchup alternative. The can be made in the morning and popped in the fridge.
As this is a layered dish, it works well as a starter with the quantities given, or you can double all for a main meal.
1 x avocado
¼ x carrot (grated)
½ x cup of kale (washed and trimmed)
½ x cup of couscous
1 x vegan stock cube
¼ x cucumber peeled and diced
4 tablespoons x vegan mayo
4 tablespoons x jerk sauce/ketchup
1. Place kale in a saucepan, cover in boiling water from the kettle and allow to boil for approximately 6 minutes.
2. Place couscous and stock cube in a bowl and cover with 1 ½ cups of boiling water. Cover with a place and leave for 3 minutes, returning to stir and leave again for a further 3 minutes.
3. When kale is cooked, drain well and set aside to cool.
4. Fork through the couscous ensure it has all separated.
5. Place the cooked kale in the bottom of the jar, then the couscous, followed by the grated carrot and cucumber in the centre of the jar, place in the fridge.
6. Mix together the two sauces to form a Marie Rose sauce, add more of either sauce to taste and set aside.
7. Slice avocado length ways, removing the skin, place strip around the edge of the jar, fill the top with the sauce.
8. Serve immediately