Hasselback Potatoes are great for a creative piece of carb on your plate. They are absolutely delicious instead of roast potatoes and well, to be honest, they go with pretty much anything, they are basically a bit of a posh jacket potato, if you ask me.
I tend to use potatoes on the large side for this, but if you want to have smaller potatoes, then just use 4 small, instead of 2 large per person.
2 x large red potatoes
½ x cup of vegan spread
¼ x cup of finely chopped garlic
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Slice your potatoes ¾ of the way down, about 1cm apart.
3. In a saucepan, mix the garlic and vegan spread, until it is melted.
4. Place the potatoes in a baking tin and cover with the hot garlic and vegan spread, ensure that it covers all of the potatoes well, make more if necessary.
5. Place in the oven for 45-55 minutes, checking after 30 to ensure that they are becoming tender in the middle and crispy on top.
6. When they are cooked all the way through, serve immediately, with pretty much anything, or by themselves as an alternative to jacket potatoes.