Baby Roasted Potatoes are awesome, especially when they are cooked with tonnes of garlic. The skin on approach is different to a regular roast potato and almost forms a midway between a roast and a jacket.
These potatoes are great to serve at parties, in a huge bowl, with a wedge of melted vegan spread trickling down them, or of course, on the plate for Boxing Day as the ultimate yum, with pickle cabbage!
For this dish you want to be looking for a good size baby potato, the medium sized variety if you will.
3 x baby potatoes per person (washed)
½ x cup of vegan spread
3 x garlic cloves (peeled and diced thinly)
Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
1. Before you get started with anything else, preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Place the vegan spread and diced garlic cloves in a roasting tin and set aside.
3. Place potatoes in a pan of boiling water and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
4. Place the roasting tin in the oven for 3 minutes.
5. Drain the potatoes well, remove the roasting tin from the oven, and place the potatoes in the tin, with a wooden spoon ensure all potatoes are coated with the garlic and spread.
6. Roast for 35-45 minutes, or until golden on the outside and soft in the middle.
7. Serve immediately.