Now, I know that I have covered Sweet Potato in the ‘Potato’ blogs, but sweet potato mash, is such a winner for this time of year. It’s so easy to make, it goes with just about anything and its just delicious.
Sweet Potato is such a versatile root, it really can be cooked in so many ways, mash being one. The best thing about sweet potato is that they are so full of flavour, you really don’t need to do much to them, to get a great mash.
This recipes serves 2 as a veg side, if you want to double the ingredients, then it will easily serve 4 or 2 very big portions!
2 x large sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped in to 1inch cubes)
2 tablespoons x vegan spread
Black Pepper for seasoning
1. Place sweet potato in a sauce pan and using a kettle, fill the pan with boiling water, until the sweet potato is fully covered.
2. Boil for approximately 30 minutes, check after 15 minutes and then every 5 minutes there after, until sweet potato is tender.
3. When ready, drain well and return to sauce pan, off the heat, add the spread and a generous amount of black pepper for seasoning.
4. Mash the sweet potato and other ingredients until smooth, then using a wooden spoon, stir the mash to ensure they are no lumps hiding.
5. Return to a low heat, and stir regularly until piping hot.
6. Serve immediately, or store in fridge for next day.
If you are going to store for the next day, when reheating just return to a low heat as you would in step 5.
Such a lovely addition to the Festive menu!