Well, it wouldn’t be a roast to me, if it wasnt piled high with stuffing. If you follow me on IG, you will know that I eat far too much stuffing. I could lie to you all and say that it was in preparation for this blog post, but I feel that would be doing my love for stuffing an injustice.
Listing the reasons why I love stuffing, would take up far too much time, so I will just get straight to the facts of how I make my stuffing. I like it to be soaked in gravy, before being whacked in the oven for a good 45 minutes. This is not your average box of stuffing we are about to make, this is a very delicious stuffing recipe, I have been mastering for a decade!!
250g x shop bought leek stuffing
2 tablespoons x vegan spread
4 x cups of vegan gravy (still hot)
6 tablespoons x garlic puree
- Firstly, you need to ensure your oven is preheated to 200 degrees.
- In a large mixing jug add the stuffing, spread,garlic and 2 cups of gravy and stir well and leave for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the stuffing mix to an oven dish and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the stuffing from the oven, pour the remaining 2 cups of gravy over the gravy, stir well, ensuring that the stuffing on the bottom is mixed also.
- Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve immediately.
Making stuffing this way, is perfect if you are going to leave left overs, (or if you’re like me make extra on purpose), its best to go in the fridge and be used for a sandwich. It is delicious cold in a sandwich but it is absolutely gorgeous when served immediately, with a roast.