This is a thinner gravy recipe from yesterday, it is essentially a stock. I like to leave it for as long as I can, on a low heat to ensure all of the flavours really get a chance to come through.
2 x vegan stock cubes
1 litre x boiling water
1 x red onion (peeled and diced)
2 x carrots (peeled and diced)
2 x celery sticks (diced)
2 tablespoons x coconut oil
3 x garlic cloves (peeled and diced)
Black pepper for seasoning
1. Place carrots, onion, celery, garlic and coconut oil in a large pan and allow to cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, to entice the aroma.
2. Add water and stock and stir well, return to boil and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
3. Stir again, adding the black pepper to taste.
4. Allow to simmer for 45 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
5. If you are using this as a stock, then remove from heat, sieve the vegetables, and return the liquid back to the pan to warm through or store for 1 day.
If you are wanting to turn this into a soup, then mash instead of sieve and add potatoes when adding pepper.