Chocolate dipped tangerines are something to be savoured. Dark chocolate especially as the contrast between the two flavours are just….wow!
I decided to use tangerines instead of oranges as I prefer the flavour of tangerines.
Tangerine and dark chocolate being the only ingredients required, I am not exaggerating when I say you have to try these.
I have done 1 tangerine per person, as I think this is just enough for a dessert.
1 x tangerine
50g x dark chocolate
1. Peel the tangerines and separate into segments. Set aside.
2. In a bain marie place the chocolate and melt on a low heat.
3. Place tangerines in the freezer for a few minutes while the chocolate is melting.
4. When chocolate is almost completely melted, remove from heat and stir well to ensure that all melts.
5. Leave chocolate to cool for a few moments, before removing the tangerines from the freezer and using a spoon coat half of the tangerine segments in dark chocolate.
6. Use an empty ice tray to store the segments and return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from freezer ensuring that the chocolate has set.
8. Serve immediately.
I have paired mine up with some simple dark chocolate stars, but you can add whatever you like to the plate to make it festive.