When something this good is completely vegan, it just has to be made for everyone I know! This is why I think toad in the hole is a great Boxing Day option, it’s so cheap and easy. Give it a go!
My recipe serves 2 large portions, or 4 small portions depending on how hungry you are!
2 cups x fizzy water
1 cup x self raising flour
1 tablespoons x garlic puree
2 teaspoons x black pepper
4 x vegan sausages (I use Linda McCartney’s)
4 tablespoons x vegan spread
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Place vegan spread in an oven dish and place in the oven for 10-20 minutes.
3. Mix water, flour, pepper and garlic until a nice smooth batter has been formed, from my experience, you want the batter ever so slightly wetter, than you would usually make it.
4. Remember the dish in the oven is very hot, and take care when removing it from the oven.
5. As quickly as you can, whilst being safe, add the batter mix to the dish and return to oven.
6. Place vegan sausage on a separate tray and cook for 10 minutes, before adding to the batter mix and allowing to cook together for a further 20 minutes or so.
7. When all is golden and the sausages are browned, remove from the oven.
8. For best results serve immediately, this is the kind of dish you can serve at the table, just make sure you are careful as the dish it very hot.