This is a bit of a cheeky one, because after I had done my ‘sides’ section, I discovered Green Bay, which is a magical Vegan shop, that sells delicious goodies. I will be posting a full recap of my time their after Xmas, so look out for that. Whilst there I got myself some vegan bacon, and it was just a case of assembling this into 2 Xmas items, the first being vegan Pigs in Blankets affair, which came along well and the 2nd, a BLT – vegan style!
As I hadn’t made the Pigs in Blankets, in time for the ‘sides’ blogs, I will be featuring them on my finale blog for the Festive Feast.
I recommend you make your own Pigs in Blankets as they are amazing and it will allow you left over sausages and bacon for Toad in the Hole and BLT’s….You can use whatever vegan bacon you like, I used Tofurkey, but Vbites do a great bacon options also.
1 x large wholemeal pitta
4 rashers x vegan bacon
4 tablespoons x jerk sauce/barbecue
1 cup x romaine lettuce
1 x tomato (thinly sliced)
3 tablespoons x vegan mayo (I used Mayola for this)
1. On a medium to high heat, place your rashers in a frying pan and allow to cook for approximately 2 minutes.
2. Turn the rashers and add the jerk/barbecue sauce with a wooden spoon, so that you can coat each rasher.
3. Allow to cook for a further two minutes.
4. Slice open pitta bread and layer with the lettuce and the tomato evenly.
5. Once bacon has cooked on both sides for 2 minutes, turn the rashers again to ensure the underside has been coated also.
6. Allow to cook for a further minute or so until piping hot all the way through.
7. Top the lettuce and tomato with the bacon slices and drizzle with mayo.