Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are something I eat on a regular basis, but when thinking of the creamy taste of vegan mozzarella, I thought it would be perfect to team it up with another smooth and creamy favourite of mine – avocado.
Avocado, is probably my favourite thing to eat, I can eat it with so many things and it is just incredible. This sandwich is no different. Not only do these two beauties work together effortlessly, but it is so quick and easy to make, it really is worth grabbing a moment, to try this.
If you don’t have a grill at home for toasties etc., then please feel free to toast the bread and then add the filling later, or you can pop along to somewhere like amazon and get some toastie bags, they’re really cheap and you just make your sandwich, pop it in the bag and then it toasts it to perfection in the toaster.
4 slices x mozzarella style cheese (I use Violife)
1 x ripe avocado (sliced)
4 tablespoons x vegan spread
2 slices x seeded wholemeal
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread well and set aside.
2. Place 2 slices of the cheese on each slice of bread, so that it overlaps in the middle.
3. Place the avocado in the middles of each slice.
4. Preheat the grill to a medium heat and wait for the light to show that they it is ready. If you are using a sandwich toastie bag in the toaster, this is the time to place the sandwich in the toaster.
5. If you are using the toastie maker/grill, then you will want to place the sandwich, and press down firmly, before leaving to grill for approximately 2 minutes. By pushing it down this will help the cheese to melt into a luxurious goo.
6. When the sandwich has been in for 2 minutes, you may want to get it extra crispy on the outside, if this is the case, then flip the sandwich, press down again, and leave to cook for another minute.
7. Serve immediately, but be careful as the cheese gets really hot, and it will burn your chin, (trust me – I speak from experience!).
This is such a great sandwich, it is delicious and since making this, I have started to play around with adding mustard and mayo also, it really is up to you what you add, but these two are plenty flavourful enough without any help!
If you have left over cheese and want to make a cheese board, this is also delicious, pair with grapes and make a feast for one or add crackers to share.