I haven’t ordered pizza for a long time, but I’m pretty sure if I were ordering 6 pizzas, I would be looking at spending somewhere close to £50, maybe even more. I have devised a way to make a yummy vegan pizza, that costs around £6 to make 6 pizzas, with cheese and all the goodness you’d expect from a plant loving woman, such as myself.
You can put pretty much whatever you want on these wonders, however, I have kept it as simple and cheap as possible. Each pizza will take just 5 minutes to cook and can be thrown together inminutes, paired with a salad you have as a quick dinner, or on their own, they hold their weight as a great lunch or snacks.
1 x wholemeal tortilla wrap
50g x vegan cheese (I use Violife)
20g x spinach (washed and drained well)
20g x chickpeas (washed and drained well)
6 tablespoons x barbecue/jerk sauce (for the base)
1. Preheat the grill to a medium – high heat.
2. Place the tortilla on a baking tray, then in the centre of the tortilla add the base sauce, using the back of a spoon, spread the sauce, in a spiral motion until the whole of the base is covered, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge.
3. Add the chickpeas to the pizza, as evenly as possible, followed by the cheese.
4. Place under the grill for 3 minutes, keep an eye on the pizza as all ovens are different.
5. When you notice that the edges are starting to curl upwards, remove the pizza, add the spinach and return to the oven for 1 minute.
6. Serve immediately, or store in a container for lunch the next day.
You really can add whatever toppings you like, I used the left over roasted sweet potato that I had from Christmas and paired it with some tomatoes, this worked a treat. If you want to make aquafaba goodies, then save the water from the chickpeas.